Nazarene Roundtable

A forum for discussion, reflection, and calls to action. Everyone is welcome.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Sanctifying Worship...

Just want to clue everyone in to another new Nazarene blog that, after months of deliberation and conversation, I've finally set up. In no way do I want to draw attention away from Nazarene Roundtable, and I intend to continue to be active here as well as there, but my idea for this new blog was to create a forum focussed on the worship practice(s) and prospects in the Church of the Nazarene, with particular interest in the situation of the local church(es).

Anyway, here is my description, copied from the site:

"Sacramental Nazarenes is an online discussion space for members of the Church of the Nazarene who share a deep concern for the worship of our churches. We are devoted to thinking about the past, present and future of our liturgical tradition(s) and sacramental life and desire to explore together what it means to worship in Spirit and in Truth."

Like Nazarene Roundtable, this site is open to all who associate themselves (although not necessarily by membership) with the Church of the Nazarene. Comments are open to all, but in addition, I will gladly give member status and full posting privileges to anyone who expresses interest in contributing...the more the merrier. Just shoot me an email if you want me to add you.

So help me spread the word - I'm especially keen to involve Nazarene pastors and lay ministers who are either doing new (to us - old, liturgically) and daring things in their local churches - you know, things like using the lectionary or responding to scripture readings with "Thanks be to God," or (golly!) weekly or in any way more regular than usual communion services - or those who simply desire for something more and are open to what such "ancient-future" traditions might have to offer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joseph said...

I'm game! Hook me up with an invite Sir Brannon.

7/31/2006 8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home